Executive Portrait / Headshots for DFJ
Executive Headshots can be extremely fun while at the same time it can also be daunting beast to handle.
- Efficiency - You have 5 minutes with each executive that do not have the time nor the patience to wait for you to adjust the lights, fiddle with the camera & lenses. You HAVE to know how to pose, how your lights are setup, exposure & everything on the get-go!
- Creative Flexibility - On a good day, you may be asked to find the perfect environment to shoot the executives. The creative part of you can really shine here. On a normal day, folks just need a white background so that they can use the images on the website with consistency. Planning for each type of shoot, making good suggestions and knowing what the client wants is essential.
- Teamwork - Makeup Artists & Hair Stylists make me look good. ;) If my photography sucks, I'll just blame the makeup artist! Haha!! I got Makeup Artist, Janice Daoud on board, Let me tell ya. She's one of the best in the bay area, that's for sure! A good working relationship with your crew will mean the difference between a good flow or a wierd kink in the flow. We'll cover each others behind.
- Professionalism & Confidence - No one wants a photographer who doesn't seem to know what he/she is doing. The only caveat is that, to exude real confidence, you DO NEED to know what you're doing. Nothing beats working with a photographer who is both professional and friendly.
- Strong Retouching Skillset - If your client wants you to make them look thinner or remove blemishes, specific poses and good makeup can only go so far. Your photoshop ability will propel you past the last mile.